Easy and Wearable Luna Inspired Halloween Makeup From Sailor moon

October 12, 2017 0 Comments A+ a-

Welcome back to D&D zombabies! Anyone else is excited for Halloween? Well I am! We rarely celebrate Halloween but  I sure love to dress up for it! I've been creating makeup looks lately if you have seen my instagram (@doomanddaisiesmakeup) and because it's October, the spooky month, why not make something that's gonna incorporate the time of the year. So, I decided to start of with something really easy and wearable. I chose to create a look inspired by the black cat from Sailor Moon, named Luna.

This is easy to make especially if you do not have much time to think of a costume anymore, and to be honest you can also use this look for a music festival or something similar.

I just did my usual makeup foundation routine and set everything with a translucent powder, then I went off and do my eyebrows, nothing really special, just do your normal brows. Then I started with the eyeshadow, since I'm using dark colors I suggest to do the eyes first but if you don't wanna do it that way and want to have a smooth canvass first, I recommend to always tap the eyeshadow brush before applying the product onto your eyelids to avoid excessive fall outs.

Luna Inspired Makeup


As usual, start with a base color for the eyeshadow, using a color that's closest to your skin tone, then start building up the browns on the outer corner including the crease. Apply a red eyeshadow over it blending with the brown and a black eyeshadow over the red and blend it as you go. The more red and black you put on your eyelids, the more intense the smokey eye will look. Moving on, apply a shimmery silver from the inner corner to the center of your lids and blend it with the rest of the eye makeup. Don't forget to put some of the same black and red eyeshadow on the outer corner of your lower eyelid, then apply the same shimmery silver on the inner corner of your lower lid.

Create your usual cat eye with a black eyeliner pen, I find it easier to use a brush tip eyeliner pen but a felt tip will do the work too. Proceed to curling your eyelashes and apply a coat or two of your favorite mascara, you can of course add a pair of falsies if you like for a more dramatic look, but if you want to tone it down a bit, skip the falsies like I did.

For the moon and dots on my forehead, I started drawing with an eyeliner pencil first and top it with an eyeliner pen in black, to erase mistakes, I used my concealer on a small angled eyeliner brush. 

Finish the look with your usual contour and highlight, don't forget the inner corner of your eyes, and use any dark lipstick you own. Could be dark red, dark purple, plum or black. I have no black lippie available so I just used my red one.

Set everything with a setting spray and your all set!

To add more to the look, part your hair in the middle or side, depends on you, then put the upper half into a mini space buns on both sides, if you can make horns or cat ears with your hair, it'll look so much better.


Luna Inspired Makeup


That's it for my Luna inspired look for Halloween! Thank you so much for visiting and I'll see you on my next post!

Check out my instagram for the list of products I used! @doomanddaisesmakeup

xoxo,

Zyra

Zyra, XXI, Est. 1996, Cancerian, Starseed, Eclectic Witch, Goth, Ravenclaw, Magical Girl, Unicorn in Disguise