Review: Nichido Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray

September 29, 2017 1 Comments A+ a-

Welcome back zombabies! I'm officially broke now haha! I went out to the mall this afternoon to get some stuff I could use for my makeup portfolio. One of them is this newly released matte finish setting spray by Nichido. I'm very intrigued because for so many years, they finally launched one for a very affordable price of P288.00. This is probably the most affordable setting spray I've ever seen! I know you guys are very excited for this verdict so here it goes!

Just to let you know, I was wearing a very minimal amount of foundation, no concealer and the primer that I'm using isn't the best one out there, it's just the one from LOL (Lots of Love) a drugstore brand here in the Philippines. It did not claim to mattify my face or anything. So, the result will probably change if I use a different primer especially an oil control or mattifying primer.

Alright let's go to the photos!

Excuse my messy hair, I just got home in that photo.

The discoloration was caused by my primer and also due to being out for hours before I made this review.


The setting spray really did mattify my face and made my makeup stick on to my face to make it last longer.

After 3 to 4 hours of wearing it on my face, this how it looked like.

The rest of my face it still matte except for the one on my nose area where the most discoloration occurred which again is understandable because of the primer. It also lifted my foundation off instead of blending it with my skin oil and it made the foundation settle on my fine lines. I have a combination skin too.

In my opinion I think this setting spray is worth it for it's price. It did a very good job to be honest. I am not sure if this is going to work with very oily skin but if you have the same one as mine, then this setting spray is definitely worth checking out.

Verdict!
Packaging : 4 / 5, it's in a black bottle with the usual spray nozzle, it definitely looks like Nyx but also the other drugstore setting sprays I've seen like BYS.
Longetivity: 4.5 / 5, Wore it for 3-4 hours and my face is still matte except for my nose area considering I did not use a very good primer, I believe this is going to last even longer if I used a mattifying primer or the ones that are supposed to "erase  the pores".
Stickiness: 0 / 5, No stickiness, it's just that the mist isn't that fine like other setting sprays but it's still the bomb for it's price.
Heaviness: 0 / 5, Very lightweight, tho it does not dry quickly, probably a minute.

Am I going to buy it again? Definitely! it only costs P288.00, it's a good rip off for a setting spray!

Would I recommend it? Yes! Go grab yours now! I have nothing else to say just go and buy one. <3

Disclaimer: This is based on my experience, the results might differ depending on your skin type, as always.

That's it for my Nichido Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray review! I hope you liked it and see you guys on my next post!

If you want to know the products I used on this look, check out my instagram @doomanddaisiesmakeup !

xoxo,

Zyra


Zyra, XXI, Est. 1996, Cancerian, Starseed, Eclectic Witch, Goth, Ravenclaw, Magical Girl, Unicorn in Disguise

1 comments:

Write comments
March 22, 2018 at 10:49 AM delete

Great blog post! I have never tried a facial mist spray, but have heard such great benefits to using it. Going to try these out. Thanks for the recommendations/reviews!

Reply
avatar